What Is A Hair Brand Ambassador?
Quite simply this is a person that you pay to promote your hair or product.
Finding a Hair Brand Ambassador
How to find the right brand ambassador has a couple of factors you will want to look at:
Their Social influence
Will it be a Celebrity
Will it be a salon owner or someone that works in the salon
As they are going to work hard to get you sales you should create a nice package for your brand ambassador and provide them with all the tools to bring in the sale.
Top questions should ask hair brand ambassadors
What is your reach?
How many website clicks do you recieve from your page?
How often will you repost my business or promo?
How much will it cost?
Are your followers “niche” specific to hair?
Hair Brand Ambassador Kit
Your brand ambassador kit should include:
Example of this would be clean boxes, silk bags, lots of cards and flyers.
A thank you card
Maybe some sweets.
Include samples that they can showcase
Some people have added perfumes, lotions, or face mask , brush, eye patch to the kit
Sample of hair treatment based on the type of hair you sale
Business card with their discount code on it
Shirt with company logo and their discount cod
If they have a huge following, you will want to go all out!!!!
If you want to get in contact with a brand ambassador a simple inbox message will do
The main key is to get as much exposure as possible
A good idea would be to watch other Youtuber’s and see what they received and maybe you will find inspiration from it.
Hair Brand Ambassador Contract Template
Having a contract is a must I cant stress this enough.
There are a lot of scams out there and you need to keep your business and product safe.
Your contract should be very detailed.
Here is a sample contract:
Terms and Conditions of (company name) Ambassador Agreement
A. As a (company name) Ambassador, I understand and agree:
1. I will promote and sell (company name) products to customers by positively reviewing (company name) products both online and offline. I will provide reviews in the form of pictures and/or videos that has to be approved by (company name) before being published online. I will promote (company name) offline by positively reviewing the products and referring customers of interest to the online website (company name) only. I will not sell (company name) products on unauthorised Web sites on the Internet or in public, retail or service establishments. I will not resell(company name) privately. I will not present any of (company name) products provided to me as products of my own or any other hair company or third party. I will present (company name) products in a truthful, sincere and honest manner, and I will conduct myself in a manner that reflects the highest standards of integrity and responsibility in keeping with the reputation of the (company name)
2. I will protect the Company’s trademark and trade name by not reproducing the Company’s name and/or trademarks or copy any of the Company’s materials for use in any advertising without the prior written approval of the Company.
3. I am an independent contractor. I am not an employee, agent, partner or franchisee of, or joint venture of the Company. I cannot act on behalf of, represent or execute any contracts on behalf of the Company. I do not have any authority to incur any debt, obligation or liability on behalf of the Company.
4. I have carefully read and agree to comply with the (company name) Policies and Procedures, all of which are incorporated into and made a part of these Terms and Conditions (collectively referred to as the “Agreement”). I understand that I must be in good standing, and not in violation of any of the terms of the Agreement, to be eligible to receive remuneration from (company name) . (company name) may amend the Agreement at its sole discretion. Amendments shall be effective as of the date of issuance. If I do not agree to any amendment, I shall cancel my (company name) Brand Ambassador Agreement in writing no later than 30 days from the date of issuance.
5. As an independent contractor, I am responsible for all self‐employment taxes, income taxes and other filings required by law, and I am not covered by any State Unemployment or Workers’ Compensation Act. I will not be treated as an employee with respect to this Agreement for federal, state or local law tax purposes, or otherwise. I agree to abide by all federal, state and local laws relating to my (company name) business.
6. I will present the Company’s business opportunity in a truthful manner.
7. I understand that information and materials provided to me contain confidential and proprietary information of the Company. I will not use, disclose or reproduce these materials for other than my (company name) business without the express written consent of the Company.
B. (company name) understands and agrees:
1. (company name) will provide (company name) Brand Ambassador with a unique code that each prospective customer brought to website www.miyihair.com should write into the 'Special instructions' field on the cart page before checking out online at www.miyihair.com
2. Once an order is confirmed with a note in the order that includes the unique code assigned to the (company name) Brand Ambassador, (company name) will send an email notification to the (company name) Ambassador stating that a customer has successfully been referred.
3. Once the order has been fulfilled and the customer has confirmed that they have received their order in a satisfactory condition, (company name) will send another email notification to the(company name) Ambassador confirming a successful commission-based sale payout.
4. (company name) will make a monthly payment of all commissions earned during the month direct to an account provided by (company name) Brand Ambassador.
5. In addition to commissions, (company name) may provide additional awards and privileges to “active” (company name) Ambassadors (including the free provision of any (company name) product by texture which will be selected by the (company name) Ambassador) . An “active” (company name) Ambassador is one who refers 5 commissionable product sales online at www.miyihair.com in every rolling one‐month period using their unique code. (company name) may, in its sole discretion, grant waivers of the personal sales requirement.
6. (company name) will calculate and pay commissions and overrides in accordance with the then current (company name) ‐published commission and override schedules. (company name) may change commissions, overrides, incentive program rules and active sales requirements at any time with thirty (30) days’ prior written notice to Independent Brand Ambassador.
7. (company name) will not impose on (company name) Brand Ambassador any geographical territories or limits relating to sales.
1. This Agreement is subject to acceptance by (address to your company if available)
2. This agreement is effective for 12 months from the date of acceptance. It is automatically renewed for additional terms of one year.
3. Either party may terminate this Agreement immediately for cause, or without any reason upon 30 days’ written notice to the other.
4. This Agreement cannot be altered, modified or changed through any suggestions, advice, guides or sales aids provided by the Company. It can only be altered, modified or changed in writing issued by an authorized Company representative.
5. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the United Kingdom as to all matters.
6. (company name) may discontinue the (company name) Brand Ambassador program at any time.
7. The (company name) Brand Ambassador will not be treated as an employee for any reason.
As far as celebrities go some will charge anywhere from $100-$500 for 24 hours of promoting your hair on their feed or page.
After which they take it down.
Try to find celebs with 600k+ followers
Depending on the celebrity, it can cost your anywhere from $1,000-$3,000 for 3 posts on their Instagram.
You also have to make sure that persons audience is the people you are trying to sell to because most of the time if they are promoting something the people don’t usually wear then still no one will buy it
You should also offer your brand ambassador more than just free hair.
Offer them commission based on the sales they bring in.
The percentage can range from 10-30% based on how many sales they are bringing in
So what Is the best way to hire or contact a brand ambassador for your hair business
There are some Facebook groups that are pretty active with people looking to be brand ambassadors
Some people will do it just for the free hair.
If you are just starting out you may not have the option to just give out free hair. So you will have to find someone that is willing to buy your hair maybe at a discount and then give them a percentage of hair sells that they bring in
Don’t allow them to promote any other business while promoting your hair
How to get in touch with celebrities to wear your hair
The easiest way to do this is just by simply going on their Instagram page and finding their booking info.
Get in touch with them through email or phone.
Most likely you will talking to their manager the whole time.
You will more than likely need to provide the hair for free.
Large Following vs Influencers
This is something you really need to pay close attention to.
Finding someone that has 1 million followers and will only charge you a couple hundred bucks might sound enticing but if the people that follow them aren’t focused on hair then you will see a lot of traffic and little to no sells.
An influencer is the type of person Chinese companies hire to promote their hair.
These are the typically the hair reviewers you find on Youtube.
This is valuable because all of their followers/subscribers are focused on one thing. HAIR!!
More reasonably priced
They have a huge following and will only charge around $25.
A following of 2,000 or more is a reasonable start
A following of 500k+ even better.
This is a great option because like you they are starting a business and for the most part will go above and beyond to deliver something worthwhile.
Also its another video for them to put on their profile.
I have an update list of Youtubers that are looking for new clients to review hair for in this article:------------
How to track traffic from your brand ambassador
An easy to track their traffic is by creating a coupon code specific to them.
Bilty is another way to see how much traffic is coming from the hair brand ambassador.
Now that you have your brand ambassador make sure to keep things professional
too many business owners have been taken advantage of simply because they developed a friendship with their hair brand ambassador.
Give your brand ambassador freedom to promote your business while following the guidelines you set for them.
You can also give discounts to your customers for sending you pictures and videos of them wearing the hair.